Every month, ScanScout, the world’s largest in-stream video ad network, publishes a report on online video production viewing statistics. Today, they released a 29 page report for May 2010. Below are some highlights.
- The most popular video to watch was The Last Airbender trailer (sounds like the trailer was better than the movie).
- The state with the most video streams was California.
- 22% of videos streamed in May were watched during prime-time (8 pm – 11 pm).
- Sunday, May 2 was the biggest stream day, with 34 million video streams.
- Computing/Technology/Games and Entertainment were the most popular video categories.
- Pets and Family were the least popular video categories.
- The most viewed videos in Business/Real Estate/Finance deal with the economy and come from major news outlets.
- The top 3 Education/Careers videos have to do with finding work and job interview advice.
- People are still watching the Twilight: New Moon trailer. It was the sixth most streamed entertainment video in May even though the movie came out in November of 2009.
- The most popular music video was Sean Kingston’s and Justin Bieber’s “Eenie Meenie.”
- World Cup videos were the most watched sports videos. Maybe Americans are starting to understand soccer…
- 5 of the 10 most watched technology videos were Apple-related.
So the industries with the highest viewership are those that deal in some kind of video production Chicago. This should come as no surprise, but these are also the industries that make the most money. Perhaps this is because people are more interested in entertainment videos than family or education videos. But as is the case with all the segments, family, education, career, and business videos are streamed most at night. This just goes to show that most people are watching videos in their spare time, regardless of the topic. Maybe if non-entertainment industries produced more video production Chicago, they would capture people’s attention when they are most inclined to watch something.
Below is the “Eenie Meenie” music video. We’re not putting it up because it’s particularly great or important, it’s just that Video One has contracted Bieber fever and the only cure is to give the disease to someone else.Video Production Chicago