Chris Worrell is the European Research Manager at Specific Media, a digital media company that provides advertisers with video editing tools and technology for targeting audiences. In a recent post for ReelSEO, Worrell provides a stronge argument for more storytelling in digital media and advertising.
One of Morrell’s most memorable points is an argument against social media obsession. Although he doesn’t outright criticize the concept of social media, Morrell Claims, “Invading social media channels and bombarding consumers with commercial messages is almost as bad as bringing your Dad to the disco – it just isn’t appropriate.”
He also has some sharp points against television and print advertising.
- Brands have lots of content, often expensively produced, often under used or under viewed
- TV is an expensive place to show this content
- TV by and large restricts a brand’s content to thirty seconds in length
- More and more consumers are watching more and more video production content online
- Online is the most efficient, targeted content distribution network that exists
- Storytelling can be measured, using relevant and actionable performance indicators
- Brands can engage consumers using bespoke, synergised content – square peg into square holes
- This amplifies existing TV and digital budgets cost effectively
Morrell’s major point in this is a battle cry for digital video production storytelling, across all screens and mediums, working together to convey a unified brand image. Morrell doesn’t tell you how to do this, there’s no one way to promote a brand, but if you’re organization can tell a story that resonates with people wherever they hear it, you’re en route to digital marketing success.
For help with your video editing and marketing projects, visit Video One Productions to see what we can do for you.Video Production Chicago