Promotional videos are vital to the success of any business and video content is one of the most effective marketing tactics used. However, it is important to focus on certain key elements for your promotional video production. Doing this will improve the quality of visual content and create a unique and outstanding video that effectively communicates your message to the target audience.
Video production is complicated if you decide to do it on your own. After all, it is the job of specialists. However, as far as providing the content, no one can do it better than you. Here are a few key elements of producing a promotional video:
1. Know your target audience
Your video is intended for your audience, first and foremost. This may sound obvious, but some business owners want to include elements and details that shouldn’t be included. Your focus while producing a video should be on making it interesting enough for your audience to click. When starting your project, don’t forget to use a creative brief with a series of questions to reveal what should be in your production.
Here is a list of popular promotional video creative questions:
- What is my main goal/objective?
- What is my core message?
- Who is my target audience?
- What is their age group?
- Are they divided on the basis of interest, income, or gender?
- How can I reach my audience?
- Can I better spread my message through Facebook, YouTube, Advertisement or Video Podcasts?
- What is one thing that will immediately convince viewers to take action?
Answering these questions will help you get started.
2. Choose your video style
Once you clarify who your audience is and what message you wish to share with them, it’s time to choose your video style and genre. Here are a few promotional video production style elements:
- Decide whether the tone should be lighthearted or serious.
- What style of speech will you use?
- Which style will you use to convey your audio content, a professional actor or a ‘Talking Head’?
- Should the video shoot be on site or at a highly polished studio? Indoors or outside?
- What about the video script? Should it be scripted with everything mapped out or will an outline suffice with room for flexibility?
- One of the most important elements in video production is the video quality or “production value.” The quality of your video depends on different visual and technical attributes. But one thing is very clear – your promotional video needs to be really good if you want the desired affect. Sub-par video equates to a sub-par company.
3. Pick a promotional video genre
Working with a reputable video production company can often prove to be a blessing. Video production experts are aware of the elements that appeal to an audience and can easily connect abstract ideas to create something unique to engage the viewer. They can also help you identify the best genre of the video that will help you spread your message about your business, brand, product, or services.
If you need assistance with your promotional video production, contact Irwin Myers from Video One Productions at (773) 252-3352 or firstname.lastname@example.org.Video Production Chicago