ReelSEO had some interesting findings about in-stream video production Chicago habits.
According to a new study released yesterday from Burst Media, more that 78.4% of those they surveyed indicated that they felt in-stream video advertisements (pre-roll, mid-roll, post-roll, etc…) were intrusive. While the study demonstrated that users recollect the advertisements, 1/2 of respondents said the advertisements disrupted their web surfing experience and 50.7% of respondents say they stop watching a video once an in-stream ad is run. 70% said that they pay no more attention to in-stream video ads than they do other creative ad units on the page.
The study had several other interesting findings….
- 72.1% of respondents viewed online video content.
- 58.6% of respondents 65 years and older viewed online video
- 58.8% of respondents view online video content at least once a week.
- 67.6% of men versus 49.4% of women view online video content over the course of the week.
- 33.7% of 18-24 yr old men watch some type of online video content daily.
So perhaps companies should find more creative ways of delivering ad content to viewers. A challenging request considering how much users don’t like in-stream ads. It seems the current model is an effective way of guaranteeing branded content reaches viewers.
Has your company ever tried using video as an advertising platform? If so, how successful were those ads in reaching viewers and delivering branded content?
To find out how we can help you use the powerful tool of video production Chicago for your business, call or email us today!Video Production Chicago