The final installment of ReelSEO YouTube Creator Playbook offers tips on turning your video production Chicago efforts into a social endeavor. Here is the rundown:
Strategy: Interact with your audience and involve them in your videos or channel.
Why It Works: Viewer interaction builds loyalty to your content and increases engagement. This can also improve your videos’ algorithm ranking.
How To Do It: Create viewer-centric content, and engage with the audience through social features on the platform.
The first tip of the post involves YouTube comments. To some, there is no greater chore than sifting through the endless lines of hate, insults, and rudeness found within the comments section of a YouTube video. But finding thoughtful ones and responding to them can be a very important step in building an audience. Whether the comment is positive or negative, responding to comments helps audiences know and understand the video’s creator, which often inspires them to consume more of your content.
ReelSEO also suggests audience participation as an important step to gathering a following. The playbook says to:
Ask the Viewers
- Ask viewers for their opinions, ideas, or feedback on the show. Whenever you try something new, ask for their thoughts.
- Ask fans to actively promote your video through social media and on YouTube by liking, commenting, and favoriting.
- Ask for video responses to your video.
Feature the Audience
- Feature viewers and their content in your video. Whether it’s featuring comments or user-submitted content in the show, make your audience feel like the star and they’ll be a fan for life.
- Consider setting criteria for what gets featured on your show such as requiring the user to be a subscriber. This can boost subscriptions.
- Devote entire episodes to user interaction. Comment Videos (responding to/featuring user comments) and vlogs (speaking directly/conversationally to the audience) are easy ways to create and release extra content and speak to your audience in ways different from your regular episodes.
Naturally, a video producer’s social strategy will depend on the producer’s goals and the nature of the videos, but combining various tips from other, experienced and popular YouTube channels can be a great way to navigate the world of online video.
Need help making an online video production Chicago for your business? Visit Video1Pro to see what we can do for you.Video Production Chicago