Is that video produced well?
Our generation is very much used to watching videos almost on the daily, and more often than not we can tell which ones are far better than others. When it comes to business videos, though, you have to be a little more careful. When you’re looking to hire a video production team in Chicago to create you a high quality video, it can be hard to decide who will do a great job for you and who won’t. However, there are some elements that should be seen in a well-produced video. Some elements are subtle and easy to miss, while others are rather obvious. The following is a list of items that you want to see in any professionally produced video.
Things a well-produced video should include:
- Clear, High Resolution Picture – Every video should be crisp and clear. With all of the available technology available today there is no reason for a video not to be produced with the best clarity and highest standards. If a company produces low quality, grainy or out of focus videos, they are not professional and should not be used.
- Quality Sound – Each video should be recorded with the highest quality sound. When the sound is good, no one thinks about it. But when the sound quality is bad, it’s distracting and is a definite turnoff. Good sound is one of the most crucial aspects of a video as it allows your message to be conveyed in the best way.
- Planned Script – If a video seems to be comprised of disparate elements, chances are the script is non-existant, wasn’t followed or poorly written.
- Smooth Transitions – The sequences of the video should flow together in a smooth way. For instance, there should be no jump cuts where the same image is shown consecutively, but with different framing. Most videos only need cuts or dissolves. If you see a video with every special effect in the book, that’s the sure sign of an amateur.
- Good Animation – If there’s animation, it’s important that it is of good quality. Bad animation is a definite way to get viewers to click away or change the channel.
- Engaging and Compelling – The video needs to be compelling and engaging enough to keep people watching it the whole way through. Or at least long enough for them to take the needed action.
- Professional Look and Feel – In the end the video needs to look and sound great, and have an overall sense of professionalism that helps it stand above the millions of mediocre videos that are being made and uploaded everyday.
Final thoughts on video quality
All in all each video will have its own unique goal(s). For instance, what call to action do you have for the viewer? Do you want them to email you, buy a product, etc. The goal(s) will greatly determine how it is produced. But from a production and technical standpoint none of previous points mentioned should be ignored. Make sure when looking at a company’s portfolio they have at least met the criteria laid out in this post and that they have several examples of well-produced video.