Video is an excellent tool for boosting Search Engine Optimization for Chicago production companies. Basically, when crawlers from Google and its competitors get data about online content, websites with videos tend to get a bump in search placement. In other words, your company’s website is more likely to pop-up in a Google search if there are videos on the site.
But there are countless ways to boost SEO, and social media can be a huge aid in your efforts. Especially if you are combining social media with video production content.
We know there are thousands of online video production viewed daily, and we know there are millions of users on Facebook. As a small business owner, it’s clear that both YouTube and Facebook are valuable marketing tools to build and grow a business through sharing content, providing valuable information, boosting SEO and search engine ranking, and networking, to name a few of the benefits.
However, a good question to ask is which of the two—Facebook or YouTube—have the best chance of boosting Chicago production companies SEO? We know it makes sense to share any relevant business YouTube link on a Facebook business page, but is it because you’re simply spreading the word, or does Facebook have a stronger SEO impact than YouTube to better ensure the video will be found in search engine rankings vs. posting to YouTube alone? Also, how does Facebook videos compare to YouTube videos for SEO?
One way to approach this subject is by comparing elements of each as it pertains to video for SEO.
Benefits of YouTube
- People looking for videos are more likely to go to YouTube and do a search vs. Facebook.
- YouTube videos get a lot more views than those on Facebook.
- It’s easy to share YouTube video production across several popular social media sites, such as Facebook, which creates a lot more links driving people to your videos. You can only share Facebook videos on Facebook, vs. across other social media sites.
- Facebook has an app that allows a business’ followers to watch YouTube videos directly from the Facebook page.
- When new videos are uploaded, YouTube shares the information with your subscribers.
- It’s easy to add external links to YouTube that drive people to your various ‘homes’ online, such as social media pages, your business website, etc.
- You can add GEO modifiers and keywords to your YouTube video links for better search engine rankings.
Benefits of Facebook for Chicago production companies
- Videos in Facebook can be tagged so they show up on your friend’s Facebook pages (this can also occur with YouTube video links shared on Facebook).
- Videos on Facebook can go viral a bit easier than on YouTube with the built in capability of allowing the videos to be shared with the ‘like’ feature, creating more links on ‘friends’ and ‘fans’ pages.
- Facebook videos can be embedded on websites and blogs.
These lists support the stories of business owners on the web who appear to have better SEO results from YouTube hosted videos compared to Facebook hosted video production. But for this particular comparison it’s important to clarify that, at least in part, an assumption’s being made that individuals are looking for information supported by video or with video as part of the search term, and not just general keyword search terms.
If using video as one element of a Chicago production companies social media strategy, then YouTube does seem to be the best choice over Facebook for SEO. However, most marketing and social media strategies will have many components in addition to video, so a comprehensive strategy with the potential for high impact will incorporate both Facebook and YouTube and create synergies between the two.
For help using video production for your business, call or email us today!Video Production Chicago