There is an unspoken truth that all marketers know but struggle to implement: consumers love free stuff. Marketers are not advertisers and they generally aren’t trying to sell products. If anything, marketers are in the business of awareness and their goal is to make a company visible, which will theoretically make it profitable. Video production company is one tool for promoting visibility and a digital solution to the “free stuff challenge.” But video can also be coupled with other strategies to boost its impact even more. Among those strategies is the contest.
Launchpad6 is an online startup that creates video contest solutions for brands. They even have a free whitepaper on running a successful video contest. Launchpad has deconstructed a successful video campaign into a 3-part forumla: presmise, prizes, promotion. Here’s a brief explanation as seen on ReelSEO.
Premise refers to the contest idea and is the most important part of a successful video contest. By asking yourself the following questions, you should be able to determine if your contest idea will be successful:
- Is content readily available or easily created?
- Is the content itself interesting?
- Is the content shareable?
- Is there enough passion for the idea?
- Is there an element of voyeurism involved?
- Are you harnessing group mentalities?
While big cash prizes can bring your contest a lot of attention and help you gain reach, it is often more niche prizes that get better results as they appeal to your target market and drive sales. Here are some thoughts to ponder:
- Does the prize appeal to my target market?
- Is it unique and attractive?
- Is the prize valuable to my target market?
- How can I offer supplementary or bonus prizes?
Video Contests have a natural self-promotion mechanism as uploaders tell their friends vote on their video. However, it is essential to promote your contest and get as many initial entrants as possible. Consider these promotional ideas:
- Create a contest video and seed around the web
- List your contest in directory sites
- Utilise product packaging
- Harness your social channels
- Consider partnering with an industry publication
Consider using a video contest next time your business is thinking of ideas for a marketing campaign. And if you’ve tried using a contest before, how did it go?
If you need help using the powerful medium of video production company to help your business, visit Video1Pro to learn what we can do for you.Video Production Chicago