“Curation” is a word that’s traditionally been reserved for the likes of a director of an art gallery or museum – basically, someone with the professional expertise and recognition to qualitatively select, organize, and look after the items in a collection or exhibition; not Chicago production companies. Steve Rosenbaum, founder of the video curation service Magnify.net and author of Curation Nation, has offered his own updated definition of a curator as “someone who is deeply familiar with their areas of expertise.”
Fellow curation expert Clinton Forry at content-ment.com said “curation goes one step beyond aggregation by adding an active, ongoing editorial component.” Here’s his explanation of the process:
- Curation involves, in some part, a manual task
- Curation starts with sources to parse
- Content is evaluated individually based on established editorial criteria
- Content is weighted based on context, current events, branding, sentiment, etc.
- Approved content is published on appropriate schedule
For more about this style of marketing, visit ReelSEO. For help using video production for your business, call or email us today!Video Production Chicago