Television, in the United States at least, will likely be a dominant medium for branding and advertising for a long time. Even with the rise and popularity of the Internet, it’s still the best way to reach certain demographics that are don’t share the tech savviness we see in today’s youth. Nonetheless, ReelSEO has put together a rather compelling list of reasons why YouTube is a more effective marketing tool than television for a video production company. The list is available below.
- There is no need to be at home to watch it. In pubs the television is usually on in the background only but groups will often look online for certain things while they are out.
- YouTube is free. Television advertising can cost a great deal and the more popular the program the more expensive it will be. It is hard to target as so many people watching will not be interested.
- More effective advertising. With television, manny people use the advertisements to leave the room to make a drink or a phone call, so often times the advertisement will be screened to an empty room.
- Some people don’t bother with television as much as they used to. As television programs can be watched on a computer, some are choosing to watch a lot of programs online. As there have been developments with the ways in which programs are watched many either fast forwarded the advertisements or in the case of Catch Up TV they are taken out altogether.
- Variety of content. YouTube has short to the point clips that have plenty of similar clips attached. If you pick a clip you are interested in there is a ready prepared list of others to view without the need to start searching for them.
- “Always on.” TV may show a lot of repeats but a YouTube clip can be watched as often as you want.
- Consumer presence. The Internet is a good research tool and many look here before they make a purchase so a YouTube advert will be seen by them.
- YouTube is less restrictive. Television will not allow certain things to be broadcast but as long as it is legal it is very likely that you can say what you want on YouTube.
- Links can be sent from YouTube. If something is on the television it will be seen once and then gone. There will be the chance to tell others but not send them a link. This way even people who are not watching YouTube can get the information.
- Anyone can put up a video. If you have a happy event that you want to share you can put it on YouTube. Most people could not put a wedding video production company or a day when the cat was being playful on the television but with YouTube it is easy.
If you would like to use the powerful medium of video production company to help your business, visit Video One Productions’ website to see what we can do for you!Video Production Chicago